Supporting the Community
At Envirolab, we are proud to take responsibility as a corporate citizen to support metropolitan and regional communities across Australia. We strive to be active members of our communities by promoting health and well-being and continuing to inspire education and learning, particularly in the field of science and the practice of chemistry. We provide university students with the opportunity to gain first-hand insight and experience through our internship and work experience programs.
Some community programs we have been involved in include:
- Presentation and experiments at Davidson High School
- Student Careers Night
- InSkill Registration SA
- Professional experience for Macquarie University chemistry students in Sydney
Each year we receive a large number of requests to support various community programs and events. Unfortunately we are not able to meet all requests.
We are able to support the community and provide sponsorship to programs that include the following:
- Organisations endorsed by the Australian Tax Office (ATO) as a Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR)
- Charitable organisations that provide direct community service, specifically relating to education in science, health and wellbeing
- Programs with measurable social outcomes
In supporting the community, we are restricted to not support:
- Personal sponsorships / scholarships or other individual pursuits
- Political groups or candidates
- Expeditions or overseas travel
- Capital fundraising
- Religious Organisations - Note this excludes charitable causes e.g. Salvation Army, UnitingCare, etc.
UNSW School of Chemistry Prize Giving Ceremony 2016
Envirolab supports tomorrow's leaders in science and the practice of Chemistry.
Managing Director, Tania Notaras attended the UNSW School of Chemistry Prize Giving Ceremony as a guest speaker in May 2016. We hope Tania's talk has helped keep inspiring tomorrow’s leaders in science
Emerging Scientists from 1st Lindfield Scouts Learn about Environment Testing
Envirolab is proud to have hosted an excursion of local scouts to our laboratory in Sydney. The group gained insight into how a lab works, equipment involved in environment testing and how to conduct a hands-on investigation. Read more