1. Respecting Your Privacy
The Envirolab Group is committed to protecting your personal information and complying with privacy laws, which set out standards for the management of personal information.
This Policy applies to the The Envirolab Group of Companies, including Envirolab Services Pty Ltd and Envirolab Services (WA) Pty Ltd (‘Envirolab,’ ‘MPL Laboratories’, ‘The Group’, ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’).
2. Collection of Personal Information
When used in this Policy, "personal information" has the meaning given in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). Generally, it means any information or an opinion, whether true or not and whether recorded in a material form or not that can be used to identify you.
The type of personal information we collect depends upon your relationship with us. When doing business with us, you may need to prove your identity. In some circumstances, the law requires you to do so. We may also require your contact information, so that we can communicate with you directly as part of our service delivery. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your name, telephone number, email address, business name and business address and various other employment information.
At times we may also collect personal information for quality and improvement purposes, such as video and voice recordings and client satisfaction surveys.
3. How Do We Collect Personal Information?
The personal information we collect and hold is what is reasonably necessary for our business functions and activities. Our collection and holding of personal information includes the following:
- Enquiries made directly over the phone to our client support services;
- Direct contact made in person, including a visit to one of our laboratories or support offices;
- You communicate with us online via email enquiries;
- Other online interaction, including activity through our websites, mobile applications (such as the Asbestos Fibre App) and social media channels (such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+ and LinkedIn). These social media channels will also handle your personal information for their own purposes and have their own privacy policies);
- Promotions, competitions, testimonials, and your participation in surveys;
- Handling of feedback and complaints;
- Undertaking a payment or other transaction
- Creating an account
4. Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Personal information provided to Envirolab may be shared with related companies within the organisation. Envirolab takes all reasonably practical steps to keep such information strictly confidential.
Envirolab may use and disclose your personal information for the purpose for which it was initially collected, namely to arrange, conduct and promote Envirolab’s media activities (including but not limited to production, broadcasting and publishing) and provide you with requested products and services, as well as all purposes necessary and incidental to the provision of our services or by anyone on behalf of Envirolab.
- Independent consultants working with us to verify the security of our systems, including the review of the platform or system architecture, firewall configurations, network device security and web application security.
- Credit providers (disclosed and undisclosed)
- Data processing and payment providers
- Financial services and banking providers
- Auditors, lawyers and other professional service firms
- Marketing/advertising agencies and other marketing services providers
- Print/mail/digital/imaging/document management service providers
Envirolab may also be required to disclose your personal information if:
- Required by law;
- Required for the investigation of an unlawful activity or other investigative activities; or
- Necessary to lessen or prevent a serious and imminent threat to an individual’s safety or serious threat to public health or public safety.
In some cases, Envirolab may disclose your personal information to overseas recipients. To safeguard your privacy, we’ll impose requirements on these entities for handling personal information.
5. Marketing and Communications
From time to time, Envirolab may use your personal information to contact you by mail, SMS, telephone, email or online to inform you about new services, offerings, surveys, promotions and newsletters. In so far as the law allows us to, we are likely to market to you unless you tell us otherwise. At the same time, we will give you the opportunity to opt-out of direct marketing communications.
If you do not want to be contacted for marketing purposes, you can also advise by contacting us through one of the methods set out below. Upon receipt of notice, we will take immediate steps to ensure that you do not receive any such direct marketing information in future.
6. Cookies and Other Technologies
Envirolab may also collect personal information and other data from you through the use of a cookie or other automated means, including server logs or proxy logs.
Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your computer’s hard disk for record keeping purposes. The content may be our own, or may be the content of others in which we have an interest, such as banner advertisements. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies.
You can choose to disallow cookies by changing settings on your web browser. Please note, if you do this, you may not be able to access and use our website and other online facilities at their complete level of functionality. By using these websites and online facilities, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site (“Log Data”).
This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
Our Google Analytics product records these standard internet traffic details to optimise our search.
We do not combine the anonymous information collected through Google Analytics with personally identifiable information.
The Security of Personal Information is important to us, however, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is absolutely secure. Whilst we attempt to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
8. Contact Us
Envirolab Services Pty Ltd
12 Ashley Street
Telephone: (02) 9910 6200
Fax: (02) 9910 6299
More information about privacy law and privacy principles is available from the Privacy Commissioner. The Privacy Commissioner may be contacted at www.oaic.gov.au or emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last update of this Policy: 26 April 2017